Wow it’s been a while!
After being literally knocked down by the flu for about 3 weeks all over Christmas (perfect timing of course) I’ve run out of time to dedicate to my blog. No matter how hard it is to remind yourself that it’s just a hobby and It’s not the end of the world I’ve not created one post a week for the past however many weeks I still somehow end up feeling guilty!
Anyway, it took a nomination from the lovely Louise at Pretty Polly Beauty to get me back by taking part in the Liebster Award Tag, so thank you! If you get a chance be sure to have a look at her blog, or instagram as she’s always posting great stories.
So, how does it work?
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and share their blog.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked.
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blogs you like and would like to send some love out to.
- Ask 11 questions that you would like your nominees to answer.
- Inform your nominees that you’ve nominated them!
11 little facts about me
- My real name is Jennie or Jennie Wren as my parents used to call me, which is where my blog name came from
- For my day job I’m a graphic designer, so I love anything design, typography, packaging, photography and websites (yes I’m kind of a nerd who HTML codes)
- I’m a sucker for marketing and advertising, if something is new and does something different I’ll buy it, I’ve bought things just for their box before!
- I have two massive cats who are my fur babies, honestly they are the size of dogs (I’d say a king Charles size) and sit on command for their dinner
- My favourite animals are penguins and flamingos and have been for years way before the hype (just saying)
- My favourite colour is yellow, though nothing ever comes nice in yellow other than flowers
- Talking of flowers I’m more a lover of plants (last longer) my favourite being the peace lily or Spathiphyllum is its posh name
- I’m a big worrier, anything that I could possibly worry about I do
11 questions asked
- What is your earliest childhood memory?
This is a tough one as my memory is shocking, honestly ask my boyfriend! I think the earliest one I have is sitting on my grandad’s knee when he gave me a little yellow Tamagotchi. Thinking about it thats probably where my favourite colour came from!
Are you a cat person or dog person?
Another hard one! I’m an animal person does that count? I have cats at home with my mum but my dad has a dog so I get the best of both worlds really.
What is your very favourite single make up item and why?
My favourite item is my setting spray from Urban Decay, ooh that rhymed! It’s so nice to spritz your face if your wearing makeup or not gives you an instant boost and refresh not only to your skin but to your confidence as well.
What would be your dream job if you’re not doing it already?!
I’m sort of doing it already! I’ve always wanted to design and create the marketing emails from beauty brands, so all those emails reminding you you’ve left something in your cart or a new product has launched.
Where is your favourite place on the planet? It could be a country, a place or even somewhere you’d like to visit.
My favourite place is the sea, I don’t mind where though obviously the med is a bit better! I love the wildlife and the freedom you feel, I’d love to visit the Barrier Reef one day.
I’ve outed myself with an embarrassing moment, what’s one of yours?
Ha! Erm, I do this a lot, have a major panic that I’ve lost my phone, like get people to call it and all sorts, only to find it’s just on charge!
What was it that encouraged you to start blogging?
I’ve wanted to start one for ages, but it took finding a little quote my great nan left to my mum in a note book to give me the final push, you can find the quote here.
What is your favourite song?
My ultimate favourite song is old school Rihanna – Music of the sun
How many homes have you lived in?
A home is a beautiful and loving place so I would say only one, my family home.
If you could bring one famous person back from the dead, who would it be?
To be honest I’m not really one to keep up with celebs and what not, so I really don’t know.
If you were going out for the evening and could only wear one piece of make up, which would you choose, lipstick or mascara?
Oooohh, I think Mascara as I do often forget my lipstick when I’m off out, but never mascara!
Now time to pass it on!
Sorry if you’ve already been nominated!
- What’s your favourite post you’ve written?
- Name a weird thing that makes you happy
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would do?
- Pink or red lipstick?
- Heels or flats?
- What’s the most expensive beauty product you’ve bought?
- What’s your favourite flower / plant?
- One thing couldn’t live without?
- What’s your favourite chocolate brand?
- What’s your favourite colour?
Such a big thank you to Pretty Polly Beauty for the nomination and getting me back! Was such good fun answering and thinking of some questions to ask, feel free to join in!
Come find me on instagram or twitter too 😀